Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Inspiring Mothers: Natalie

I recently reconnected with one of my good friends from high school.  Natalie and I ran together on the cross country and track team in high school.  She was always a true friend and an example to me of being kind and caring.  Since then she has married and had 3 beautiful girls.  Natalie has embraced her role as a mother with great love and sacrifice.  She explains " I chose to be a mother because I wanted the opportunity to love, teach, nurture and help a child to grow and develop the same way I was by my parents and grandparents.  I knew that nothing in life would bring me greater joy.  I also knew that having a child would strengthen all the relationships in my life because motherhood would teach me how to be my best self.  I wanted the chance to experience the miracle of life for myself."





Natalie is one busy mom!  Like most moms, her days are full of " making meals for my family, taking kids to school and activities, cleaning the house, making sure I have time outside working in the garden and playing with my girls, our dog, and time with my husband."  In addition, she serves faithfully in her demanding church calling and strives to build her business working as a wellness advocate for doTERRA.  It was been a blessing for Natalie to be able to work from home and to seek out the welfare of her family and friends.  

As all moms know, sometimes our busy lives can quickly turn to be stressful lives.   Natalie admits, "my life feels crazy sometimes because I have so much going on, but I have learned there is a difference between being busy and being stressed.  I have had seasons of both.  I am so grateful to do what I do now, because I am able to work from home.  For many years I had to work full-time outside of the home and be the "bread winner" because of my husband's health.  I tried to stay balanced, but I always felt stressed and overwhelmed.  I have found that I am so much happier at home."  Everyday life makes it is easy to forget the purpose of it all, but Natalie exclaims " I find that really living the gospel of Jesus Christ daily provides so much balance in life and keeps me focused on an eternal perspective."

One quality that Natalie has always been very good at is serving others.  "I find the most joy in life when I am helping others.  The people I am able to help the most are my own children and family.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother.  I never understood how much my mom did for me until I became a mother myself.  It is a sacrifice, but something that is worth every ounce of effort.  I've never felt joy like I do when I am surrounded by my laughing, happy children."  She continues, "I also receive so much joy when I am able to be a part of someone's personal healing process.  I believe we are all here to help lift each other up and strengthen relationships."  


Along with her skills in homemaking, managing her emotions and stress with essential oils, and leadership among her associates, Natalie is a role model for her children.  "I try to teach my children the gospel by example, because that is the way I was taught.  I have made plenty of mistakes, but I have found that my girls respond and learn the best when I try to teach a gospel principle with a story."  She shares an example of this (which I love!): "I've changed my bedtime stories from fairy tales about princesses to experiences from my life where I have had a prayer answered, felt the spirit, had someone treat me kindly or show love through service, or experienced a miracle in my life or the life of someone I love.  My girls love hearing these stories.  It has helped me to realize just how many tender mercies the Lord has shown me as I try to think of a new one every night.  I have been blessed to know of God's love for me, and that is something I want to pass down to my children."

I have been inspired by Natalie's strength, endurance and nurturing ability.  She is driven to help moms feel empowered in caring for their families in the home.  I feel blessed to learn from Natalie and broaden the ways I can improve mine and my families wellness.


1 comment:

  1. Great addition to your wonderful-inspiring mothers..... She is truly a great mommy. I love the idea of telling life bedtime stories instead of fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete